Friday, September 12, 2008

Parkinson's Disease Caregivers

Today I am going to write about caregivers of people with Parkinson's. As usual when I decided this was the topic I wanted to write about I did some research on the Internet to see what sites and information already exists in the ethernet. To my surprise there was remarkably little information and only a couple of sites that seemed to focus on the caregiver at all. Now, I think that is something that I will have to work to change in the future. Obviously I will not change that in one blog posting so I will not try.

The one site I came across that seemed to have a lot of information and a good forum for caregivers and/or patients to share information is:

www.myparkinsons.org

This site has some useful information for caregivers, links to MANY other parkinson's sites, but what seemed the most useful in my mind was the forum. There were numerous postings and it definitely appears that the site has a true community that will try to answer questions that you have.

I personally think that caring for someone who has PD must be very difficult, especially as the patient's health begins to decline. My Mom has PD and my Dad is the primary caregiver so I do not know exactly how tough it is, but I am sure it is not easy.

In general the caregiver information out there all seems to say the same thing: get informed, stay informed, and make sure to take some time for yourself as well. I think that is all good advice.

To all the caregivers I wish you luck and salute you for your fight against Parkinson's Disease in whatever way you do it.


2 comments:

isabella said...


My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

matina said...


i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal medicine from ultimate life clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,reach them through there website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com
.