Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Extraordinary People That Inspire Hope

I debated today about whether to blog about an article I came across online today in the New York Times. It is this amazing audio/video about 7 individuals living with Parkinson's Disease and what they are doing to offer hope for themselves and others. It does not discuss anything directly about a cure or about better treatments, but I thought it was inspirational.

All 7 of these people live each day with Parkinson's which can be physically, mentally and emotionally difficult. Each one of them has found a unique way to move forward and offer hope. I completely believe that your outlook is 80% of life and my hat is off to each of these people for what they are accomplishing and for so publically sharing their stories.

People like this inspire me to continue to fight for a cure each and every day!

Here is the link to the "article".
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/05/health/healthguide/TE_PARKINSONS.html#

2 comments:

Focus on a Cure Foundation said...

Karen,

Thank you for your kind words and You too should be commended for writing this blog. Litt things make a big difference so no matter what we all do we all make it possible to be one step closer to a Cure.

Stay Focused.
Ken Glowienke

FishFindersDirect said...

I am thrilled to be able to help in any way that I can. I know that together we will find a cure!