Tuesday, August 26, 2008

10 Mountains 10 Years

So Parkinson's Disease or Alzheimer's Disease has touched your life in some way and possibly turned it upsidedown. Hundreds of questions race through your mind. Why me? What does this mean to my life or the life of a loved one? What can I do about it? I'm sure that these questions are asked by most people that deal with these types of diseases personally.

Here is the story of a group of people called 'The Regulars' (because they are regular people like you and me) who have launched a campaign to climb 10 Mountains in 10 Years. They are working to raise money and awareness for both Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease.

The founder of the group, Enzo Simone, has been involved with several charities for numerous years. He started this particular quest because his mother has Alzheimer's and his father-in-law has Parkinson's. He is not willing to sit back and let these diseases win.

The group is now in its third year and they climbed their 3rd mountain in July, Mt. Hood in Oregon. These intrepid mountain climbers come from all walks of life. Some have mountain climbing experience, some don't. One member even has Young Onset PD.

Here is the video of their Mt. Hood expedition on YouTube. It's quite amazing what 'Regular' people can accomplish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shj5adqMKo8

To learn more about their story and their quest for a cure please take a look at the group's Myspace page- http://www.myspace.com/10mountains10years -or visit their blog- http://10mountains10years.blogspot.com. If you want to join them in their adventure please reach out through their MySpace page. I know all who wish to help conquer these diseases are welcome.


As Enzo would say, "World Up!"


1 comment:

John Myers said...

My symptoms started at the age of 47. My fingers on my left hand were stiff and were difficult to move. People noticed that my walk was not normal. I was often asked did I hurt.I noticed nothing different about my walk. It was difficult getting up from a chair and getting out of a car. I was diagnosed a year later, it was the onset of tremors starting in my right hand that caused my other symptoms to be recognized as Parkinson's.I am now 59. With the new herbal medicine i purchase from totalcureherbalfoundation.blogspot.com was my only way to get fast relief from this PD,their herbal supplement effectively reverse my Parkinson's disease condition and alleviate all my symptoms.